Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beta Talent Trees

There are beta talent trees up at WoWTal.

Honestly, the trees are still a great state of flux, so it's really too early to comment on them. In general, I like the paladin trees so far.

The only comment I have is that I keep making builds for many different classes and specs, and I always seem to have 1 talent point left over, and 2/3-point talents to use it in. So I have to partially fill a talent, which I've never really liked doing.

Maybe it's just a general problem with the numbers used to make the talent trees, but it seems kind of odd to be happening so often.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe it is by design?

    I haven't had a chance to check it out yet (blocked at work), but they specifically said they don't want people getting everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked out all the talent trees but I have noticed in the Affliction tree for Warlocks you have to take PvP talents in order to get Haunt at the end... which seems like a bit of a waste of points if you are going pure PvE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warlocks were listed among the classes that "are not as far along" as the others - I'd bet the affliction tree gets filled out a little more on the next pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of the Warlock trees, I'm hoping the Demonology one is filled out more in the next few patches, myself. I'm finding myself with the same problem as Rohan, and for the most part my only options are either to boost the demons I wouldn't be using, or a talent I don't think is that handy.


    I like the idea a lot, but yeah. It just needs some iteration to be fleshed out more. I think it's going to look very nice once the expansion comes out for real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did check out the trees, for Shamans, it is very clear cut, what to do for PVE and for PVP, and the last 10 points are really wherever you want it to go.

    If that is what they are going for, then they accomplished their goal.

    ReplyDelete